Saturday, January 21, 2012

Belly's Wednesday Wine & Food Pairings


This is one of two backlogged entries from a series I began recently, on 12 October. I include it here for completeness and continuity. Allons-y.

Since I'm finished teaching for the week on Wednesday - and since I cannot make it through an entire week without a drink - each Wednesday evening I will share with you the libations and victuals with which I'm attempting to assuage the pain caused by another week of endeavoring to instill some beauty and meaning into the lives of America's youth.


This evening we have the hearty, yet ephemeral pairing of Stanza Gewurztraminer ($5.99, from California's Monterey Valley) with a turkey sandwich on a 100 calorie whole wheat roll. The spiciness of the dijon and the dull sweetness of the wheat roll harmonize effortlessly with the piquant, nearly cloying character of the wine. Highly recommended. In fact, I anticipate going back for a few more pairs tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment